Blog

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

2012 Wedding Dress Trends

I wrote a piece for the New York Times forecasting major wedding dress trends for 2012. On the menu: a white jumpsuit and other menswear influences, pastel gowns and a few black ones (thanks to Vera Wang), lots of lace, leg slits (a la Angelina Jolie @ the Oscars) and headpieces (instead of veils). It's fun to think what I might do differently if Max and I were heading down the aisle again. I'd probably want to have a bit more fun with my attire. For example, I'd splash out on a great new pair of shoes, and maybe a cool head wrap from Jennifer Behr.

SHOPPING for a gown, one of the first to-do’s on any bride’s checklist, is about as unfettered and do-as-you-please as it has ever been. Unwritten rules that have long hemmed in the traditional bride (like wearing white, unless it’s a second wedding) have been jettisoned in favor of statement-making fashion-forward choices that better express a bride’s true personality and tastes, industry experts say.


Click HERE for the story.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home