Blog

Friday, March 21, 2014

A Team of One's Own

I wrote a blog for TheBookDesigner.com's Joel Friedlander, one of the better-known figures in the self-publishing world. When I was getting ready to self-publish SOCIAL DEATH, I was on his website all the time, reading the comments and posts and learning the in's and out's of the business. So it's a real thrill to be able to share my own experience of going Indie with his readers.

I titled the piece "A Team of One's Own" as a deliberate play on Virginia Woolf's A Room of One's Own. Much like Ms. Woolf recognized and campaigned against the dominance of men in the book world-- it still doesn't take female authors seriously, argues the novelist Jennifer Weiner -- self-published authors and self-published books aren't given the respect that they are due.

I do believe and hope that is changing, and that my book and this blog are a part of that change. As both a female and an Indie author, I invite you to read the post and weigh in with your thoughts!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home