Blog

Thursday, December 3, 2015

Sugar and Spice Pumpkin Muffins




Every Thanksgiving I like to make my pumpkin pies from fresh pumpkin. It's that little extra step that makes me feel better about indulging in dessert. Most years the pumpkins are from our own garden, but not this year. This year I used sugar pumpkins from the CSA, which were so lovely and vibrant. After turning out three pies, I still had extra roasted pumpkin so I stored it in the fridge until I was ready to whip up some SPICED PUMPKIN MUFFINS for my family. You can also do this in a loaf tin or double the recipe and make two 12'' cake rounds with a frosting of your choice (I'd recommend a cream cheese-based one). The healthy subs are Greek yogurt for sour cream (I used nonfat Fage plain yogurt, but that's only because it was what I had on hand) and less sugar than most recipes call for. I also added a little extra spice for more flavor, but you can really add as much or as little as you like, depending on your taste and preferences.

Would love to hear from you so feel free to holler at me on Instagram if you have questions or comments: @tatiboncompagni

SPICED PUMPKIN MUFFINS
makes 12

Ingredients:
Wet:
1 1/2 cup roasted and cooled fresh pumpkin mash
2 eggs
3/4 stick butter, melted or softened
3/4 cup Greek Yogurt, unflavored
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
Dry:
1 1/2 cup organic all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt


Heat oven to 350°F and coat a muffin tin with cooking spray (I like organic coconut oil). In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix together all the wet ingredients until well combined. In a separate bowl, combine all the dry ingredients; stir to combine. You may sift the flour, baking soda and spices if you want but it is not essential. Add dry ingredients to wet and mix until just combined. Distribute batter into tins and bake for about 25-30 minutes. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes and then remove to finish cooling on a wire rack or plate. Dust with powdered sugar if desired.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home