Blog

Sunday, September 14, 2008

L.A. Book Party



The morning after my big New York party (and debut on Bloomberg News) I boarded a plane for L.A. with my friend Bagsnob.com's Tina Craig. Tina is as fun and fabulous as they come. She runs a super powerful fashion and accessories blog, is a shining light on the Dallas social scene and a mommy who makes pasta sauce from scratch. I love this girl. On our plane to L.A. we spotted Jessica Alba with her adorable baby and super cute husband. Jessica looked like any other mom on an early flight with a fussy baby. In other words, she looked bone tired and grumpy. Of course I had to tell her about my book. I hope she emails me so I can send her a copy. (I know...like that's going to happen, but I had to say hello.)

In L.A. Tina and I met up with our friend Gigi Howard, the amazing publicist behind the luxury Spanish skincare brand Natura Bisse, who happens to also be a tall, gorgeous blonde drink of water and who makes me smile on a daily basis. After a quick pit stop at our hotel we took a car to the Diane Von Furstenberg store for my L.A. book signing.


The girls at DVF couldn't have been nicer and although they gifted me the gorgeous red dress I wore (every woman should have a knock-em-dead red dress like that in their closet) I couldn't resist buying another black dress for my book party in Miami next week. The turnout was incredible. We had over a hundred guests, and lots of producers who inquired into the film and tv rights for the book, which was very cool. Also best-selling author and my personal diet guru (she's Oprah's and Ellen DeGenerous's too...) Kathy Freston came, and Sex In the City producer Darren Starr.

The next morning I hopped on a plane back home to New York and my beautiful family. As fun as my overnight in L.A. was, I was happy to get back to my children and husband and spend some time relaxing before the madness starts again tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home